All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionHealthcare IT is the growth industry right w, and the need for guidance in regard to privacy and security is huge. Why? With new federal incentives and penalties tied to the HITECH Act, HIPAA, and the implementation of Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems, medical practices and healthcare systems are implementing new software at breakneck speed. Yet privacy and security considerations are often an afterthought, putting healthcare organizations at risk of fines and damage to their reputations. Healthcare Information Privacy and Security: Regulatory Compliance and Data Security in the Age of Electronic Health Records outlines the new regulatory regime, and it also provides IT professionals with the processes and protocols, standards, and governance tools they need to maintain a secure and legal environment for data and records. It's a concrete resource that will help you understand the issues affecting the law and regulatory compliance, privacy, and security in the enterprise. As healthcare IT security expert Bernard Peter Robichau II shows, the success of a privacy and security initiative lies t just in proper planning but also in identifying who will own the implementation and maintain techlogies and processes. From executive sponsors to system analysts and administrators, a properly designed security program requires that that the right people are assigned to the right tasks and have the tools they need. Robichau explains how to design and implement that program with an eye toward long-term success. Putting processes and systems in place is, of course, only the start. Robichau also shows how to manage your security program and maintain operational support including ongoing maintenance and policy updates. (Because regulations never sleep!) This book will help you devise solutions that include: * Identity and access management systems * Proper application design * Physical and environmental safeguards * Systemwide and client-based security configurations * Safeguards for patient data * Training and auditing procedures * Governance and policy administration Healthcare Information Privacy and Security is the definitive guide to help you through the process of maintaining privacy and security in the healthcare industry. It will help you keep health information safe, and it will help keep your organization-whether local clinic or major hospital system-on the right side of the law.
- Author BiographyBernard Peter Robichau is the owner and chief security consultant at Category 3 Partners, LLC, on contract with a large academic medical system in the mid-Atlantic. He is a Certified Professional in Health Information Management Systems, an Epic Certified Security Coordinator, and a Project Management Professional credential holder. He has nearly two decades of experience in the IT field with an emphasis on information security. Robichau has served as a security officer in the public sector and as a member on various information security advisory committees. He has presented on the topic of information security in public forums. For information related to this book, see its dedicated site at robichau.com.
- Author(s)Bernard Peter Robichau
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication14/06/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight299 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.