All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA focused guide for healthcare simulation operations in education and training With the growing use of simulation within the field of healthcare, Healthcare Simulation: A Guide for Operations Specialists provides a much needed resource for developing the roles and responsibilities of simulation operations specialists. The book illustrates the current state and evolution of the simulation professional workforce and discusses the topics necessary for the development of these pivotal roles. The book promotes the value of simulation-based education in healthcare and its associated outcomes while clarifying the operational requirements of successful simulations. Featuring numerous contributions from international experts, consultants, and specialists, Healthcare Simulation: A Guide for Operations Specialists presents advances in healthcare simulation techniques and also features: * Coverage of the best practices and available techlogies for healthcare simulation operations specialists within healthcare education, training, and assessment * Interdisciplinary, practical examples throughout to help readers better understand the presented material * An overview of the many facets of day-to-day operations within a healthcare simulation program * Discussions regarding the concurrent need for understanding proper patient care that accompanies the human-to-machine interface in patient simulation Healthcare Simulation: A Guide for Operations Specialists is an excellent reference for healthcare simulation professionals including administrators, medical directors, managers, simulation techlogists, faculty members, and educators in academic and healthcare settings. The book is also a useful supplementary textbook for graduate-level courses related to simulation and certificate programs in simulation education and simulation operations.
- Author BiographyLaura T. Gantt, PhD, RN, CEN, NE-BC, is Associate Professor and Associate Dean for Nursing Support Services in the College of Nursing at East Carolina University. Dr. Gantt teaches courses and conducts research on simulation in healthcare education and continues to practice as an emergency department nurse. H. Michael Young, BBS, M.Div., CHSE, is Director of Healthcare Education for Level 3 Healthcare, providing simulation consulting services for his employer as well as operations specialists and educators. A member of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare since 2011, his simulation operations interests include optimization of healthcare simulation training environments, instructional technology support and design, scenario design, standardization and automation, and technical skills assessment and remediation.
- Author(s)H. Michael Young,Laura T. Gantt
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication29/01/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width163 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.