Healthy Beauty: Your Guide to Ingredients to Avoid and Products You Can Trust by Samuel S. Epstein, Randall Fitzgerald (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnti-aging products are the fastest growing sector of the cosmetics industry as women and men are becoming rapidly more obsessed with looking and feeling young. Splashy ads and commercials are everywhere we turn, promising to keep our appearances fresh and our partners satisfied. But do consumers really kw what they're applying to their faces and bodies in their quests for youth and beauty? Do they kw the health risks they're taking by simply applying lipstick, face moisturizer or deodorant? Toxic beauty products clutter the shelves at retail stores everywhere, and consumers don't kw the avoidable risks they're taking by following a simple beauty regimen. Written by Dr. Samuel S. Epstein, a founder and chairperson of the Cancer Prevention Coalition, Healthy Beauty gives the lowdown on salon safety, health risks hiding in everyday products, how we put our children in danger and more. Healthy Beauty will also educate you and your family on easily implemented solutions through the use of a variety of positive alternatives. In Healthy Beauty, you will learn: * How beauty products can affect your children before they're born * The brutal carelessness producers use when creating products for women and children * The risks taken when you step into a salon * Toxins in men's products such as deodorant, cologne and aftershave * How to protect yourself and your family by reading labels and identifying potentially hazardous ingredients Through the help of Dr. Epstein and Healthy Beauty, you can protect yourself from the possible long-term effects of a simple beauty product.
- Author BiographySamuel S. Epstein, MD, professor emeritus of environmental health at the University of Illinois, Chicago, has published 270 scientific articles and authored or coauthored 15 books. Dr. Epstein has been a consultant to the U.S. Senate and is frequently invited to give congressional testimony. He has also consulted for the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Labor. He has appeared on national TV shows including 60 Minutes, Face the Nation, Meet the Press, Good Morning America and the Today show, along with major documentaries, including the 2004 prize-winning The Corporation. Coauthor Randall Fitzgerald has been an investigative newspaper and magazine reporter and author for 37 years. He has written features for Reader's Digest, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal. His most recent book is The Hundred Year Lie: How Food and Medicine Are Destroying Your Health.
- Author(s)Randall Fitzgerald,Samuel S. Epstein
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication13/01/2011
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenBella Books
- Out-of-print date04/10/2012
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight342 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.