Healthy Eating to Reduce the Risk of Dementia: 100 Fantastic Recipes Based on Extensive, in-Depth Research in Association with the Waterloo Foundation by Katie Sharpe, Vanessa Ridland, Margaret Rayman (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 19 Dec
- AU $10.20+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDementia affects nearly 36 million people worldwide, with 7.7 million new cases every year, and has a dramatic impact on sufferers and their families. There is evidence, however, that a healthy lifestyle and diet, especially in mid-life, can help to reduce the risk of developing dementia. In this much-needed book, Margaret Rayman and her team of nutritional experts give clear and effective guidelines on how to adapt your diet and lifestyle to help protect you against this condition. In addition to general dietary advice, it includes 100 delicious and easy-to-follow recipes, all of which are based on two years of careful research. The detailed introduction summarises the team's findings and explains, in a clear and concise manner, what foods, food components and nutrients can help to protect the brain and keep it functioning to its best capacity. The introduction is followed by a tempting collection of recipes, such as Blueberry and Wheatgerm Pancakes for breakfast, Warm Chicken and Grapefruit Salad for lunch, and Baked Trout with White Wine and Fennel for dinner, with a tempting Chocolate Orange Mousse or a bright and zingy Cranberry Sorbet for dessert.The fantastic health benefits of these dishes are sure to make them a welcome addition at any stage of life.
- Author BiographyProfessor Margaret Rayman has a doctorate in Inorganic Biochemistry from Somerville College, Oxford, and has held post-doctoral fellowships at the Institute of Cancer Research and Imperial College. Since 2007, she has been Professor of Nutritional Medicine at the University of Surrey where, in 1998, she set up, and now co-directs, the highly respected MSc Programme in Nutritional Medicine that aims to give clinicians an evidence-based understanding of the relationship between nutrition and disease. Her research, which includes a number of randomised controlled trials, centres on the importance of trace elements to human health with particular emphasis on selenium and iodine in populations with marginal selenium or iodine deficiency. She has published widely and has a number of highly cited publications in The Lancet. Her strong interest in how diet can be used to benefit health and reduce disease risk has led to the production of two previous books, Nutrition and Arthritis and Healthy Eating: The Prostate Care Cookbook, the latter of which has been translated into three languages. She has been researching diet and dementia since 2011. Vanessa Ridland is a registered dietitian who works in the NHS with patients in hospital and in the community, many of whom suffer from dementia. She feels passionately about empowering people to do everything they can to reduce their chances of developing this devastating disease. Katie Sharpe is also a registered dietitian working within the NHS, and has personal experience of helping to care for a close relative with dementia. Vanessa and Katie both have first class honours degrees in Nutrition and Dietetics from the University of Surrey, where they researched diet and dementia in their final-year projects. Patsy Westcott is a well-established journalist and author specialising in health, nutrition, and ageing, who has recently added an MSc with Distinction in Nutritional Medicine from the University of Surrey to her achievements. She writes regularly for publications including Woman & Home and Saga.
- Author(s)Katie Sharpe,Margaret Rayman,Vanessa Ridland
- PublisherKyle Books
- Date of Publication15/01/2015
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Series TitleHealthy Eating
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKyle Books
- Content Notecolour photography throughout
- Width210 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $45.31New
- AU $30.25New
- AU $14.69New
- AU $34.87New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.40
- AU $29.22Trending at AU $35.65
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.11
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $44.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.