All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRobert Pearl, a well-kwn DBA in the SQL community, explains his holistic vision of a database instance that needs regular check-ups and gives the tools, scripts, and best practices he has collected over the years. Alberto Bolchini, Computing Reviews, May 9, 2016 Healthy SQL is about ensuring the ongoing performance health of a SQL Server database. An unhealthy database is t just an inconvenience; it can bring a business to its knees. And if you are the database administrator, the health of your SQL Server implementation can be a direct reflection on you. It's in everyone's best interest to have a healthy SQL implementation. Healthy SQL is built around the concept of a medical checkup, giving you the tools you need to assess the current health of your database and take action to improve upon that health and maintain good performance to your business. Healthy SQL aids in developing a rigorous routine so that you kw how healthy your SQL Server machines are, and how you can keep those same servers healthy and fit for duty. The book is filled with practical advice and a time-tested strategy, helping you put together a regimen that will ensure your servers are healthy, your implementation is fully optimized, your services are redundant and highly available, and you have a plan for business continuity in the event of a disaster. If your current environment doesn't match up with these criteria, then pick up a copy of Healthy SQL today and start your journey on the road to a fit and tight SQL Server deployment.
- Author BiographyRobert Pearl, president and founder of Pearl Knowledge Solutions, Inc., has been a Microsoft SQL Server MVP since 2009, having received his fifth MVP recognition award. He is a solutions-oriented senior DBA with 15+ years of experience, and is considered a subject-matter expert on SQL Server technology. He also coined the terms Healthy SQL(TM) and SQL Fitness(TM) to kick off the worldwide healthy SQL campaign to highlight the need for regular health checks to ensure that everyone's SQL Server environment has achieved a healthy state. He is a SQL Community and SQL Saturday evangelist, promoter, and speaker, and maintains his regular blog called Pearl Knows at SQLServerCentral.com. Pearl was voted Top Blogger in the 2011 SQL Mag Community Choice Awards. He is also the creator/developer of the award-winning product SQL Centric-a web-based database monitoring and alert system for DBAs. Robert is a SQL Saturday organizer and co-chair of the successful New York Metro PASS SQL Saturdays.
- Author(s)Jason Brimhall,Robert Pearl
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication27/05/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note216 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight773 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.