Healthy at 100: The Scientifically Proven Secrets of the World's Healthiest and Longest-Lived Peoples by John Robbins (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $25.17Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do some people age in failing health and sadness, while others grow old with vitality and joy?In this revolutionary book, bestselling author John Robbins presents us with a bold new paradigm of aging, showing us how we can increase t only our lifespan but also our health span. Through the example of four very different cultures that have the distinction of producing some of the world's healthiest, oldest people, Robbins reveals the secrets for living an extended and fulfilling life in which our later years become a period of wisdom, vitality, and happiness. From Abkhasia in the Caucasus south of Russia, where age is beauty, and Vilcabamba in the Andes of South America, where laughter is the greatest medicine, to Hunza in Central Asia, where dance is ageless, and finally the southern Japanese islands of Okinawa, the modern Shangri-la, where people regularly live beyond a century, Robbins examines how the unique lifestyles of these peoples can influence and improve our own. Bringing the traditions of these ancient and vibrantly healthy cultures together with the latest breakthroughs in medical science, Robbins reveals that, remarkably, they both point in the same direction. The result is an inspirational synthesis of years of research into healthy aging in which Robbins has isolated the characteristics that will enable us to live long and-most important-joyous lives. With an emphasis on simple, wholesome, but satisfying fare, and the addition of a manageable daily exercise routine, many people can experience great improvement in the quality of their lives w and for many years to come. But perhaps more surprising is Robbins' discovery that it is t diet and exercise alone that helps people to live well past one hundred. The quality of personal relationships is ermously important. With startling medical evidence about the effects of our interactions with others, Robbins asserts that loneliness has more impact on lifespan than such kwn vices as smoking. There is clearly a strong beneficial power to love and connection. We all have the tools to live longer lives, and to remain active, productive, and resourceful until the very end, Robbins writes. Healthy at 100 strives to improve both the quality and the quantity of our remaining years- matter how old or how healthy we might currently be-and to reverse the social stigma on aging. After reading this book, we will never think about age-or life-in the same way again. John Robbins has inspired millions of people with his eloquent, clear, compassionate, and insightful guidance on the path to health and fulfillment. Healthy at 100 may be his finest work to date. If you are interested in extending your health span as well as your life span, read this book! Healthy at 100 is a masterpiece. -Dean Ornish, M.D., president and director of the Preventive Medicine Research Institute, author of Dr. Dean Ornish's Program for Reversing Heart Disease This is a remarkably open and heartfelt book full of wisdom and love by an extraordinary man who has been teaching us how to live more healthy and compassionate lives for over twenty years w. John Robbins has created a new vision of aging for American society. -John Mackey, CEO, Whole Foods John Robbins is one of the most important voices in America today. He cuts through nsense like one else does. He gives hope like one else does. His words are lifelines for both the body and soul. This book can literally save our lives. -Marianne Williamson, author of A Return to Love and A Woman's Worth Healthy at 100 is a marvelous blend of wisdom, hope, courage, and common sense. John Robbins gives us caring, science, and inspiration-a beautiful diet for the heart. -Jack Kornfield, co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society and Spirit Rock, author of A Path with Heart As the low-carb diet craze is gone, John Robbins proposes a far healthier approach that leads t just to a healthy weigh
- Author BiographyWidely considered one of the world's leading experts on the dietary link between the environment and health, John Robbins is the author of the million-copy bestseller Diet for a New America. His work has been the subject of cover stories and feature articles in the San Francisco Chronicle, Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, The New York Times, and People. Robbins has been a featured and keynote speaker at hundreds of major conferences including those sponsored by the Sierra Club and UNICEF, and is the recipient of many awards, including the Rachel Carson Award and the Albert Schweitzer Humanitarian Award. He is the founder of EarthSave International, a nonprofit organization dedicated to healthy food choices, preservation of the environment, and a more compassionate world. Robbins lives with his wife, Deo, their son, Ocean, and daughter-in-law, Michele, and their grand-twins River and Bodhi outside of Santa Cruz, California. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)John Robbins
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication28/08/2007
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Weight431 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.