All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionHearing Form is a textbook/workbook for upper-level undergraduate college courses on the analysis of musical form. It reviews concepts such as score reading, instrumental transposition, cadences, phrase structure, harmonic sequences, and modulation while at the same time introducing a style of phrase diagramming and an approach to hearing without the score that is used consistently throughout the book. The goal of this book is to teach students to: * Identify phrase endings and cadence types in music with or without a score * Identify harmonic sequence types in music with or without a score * Identify modulations in music with or without a score * Identify formal sections in music with or without a score * Identify musical forms with or without a score The companion website provides recordings for selected pieces in the anthology.
- Author BiographyMatthew Santa is an Associate Professor of Music Theory at Texas Tech University. He has presented papers on music theory and analysis throughout the United States as well as abroad, and his articles have been published in the journals Theory and Practice, Music Theory Spectrum, Music Analysis, and The Annual Review of Jazz Studies.
- Author(s)Matthew Santa
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2010
- FormatMultiple-item retail product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date05/10/2016
- Content Note105 black & white line drawings
- Weight1474 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Contained items statementContains 2 Paperbacks
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.