All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite great advances in prevention and in improving outcomes, heart disease remains a major source of morbidity and mortality in the Western world and, increasingly, in developing countries. The emotional impact of a diagsis of heart disease can be significant, often increasing cardiac symptoms such as chest pain or palpitations. This addition to The Facts series stresses the importance and feasibility of primary prevention by appropriate life-style changes, whilst helping the reader to understand and cope with existing heart disease. The book is structured to provide information on topics ranging from basic cardiovascular anatomy and physiology - as needed to understand the various pathologies discussed - to symptoms, clinical situations, investigations and available treatments. Beside medical information, the reader will find practical advice on how to communicate with the cardiologist, and how to prepare for certain tests. A glossary with commonly encountered medical terms is also included. Although targeted mainly at cardiac patients with heart disease and their families, this book will also be useful for paramedics, specialist nurses, support groups, GPs and all those involved in treating heart patients in the community.
- Author BiographyAdrian Chenzbraun was a Consultant Cardiologist in Jerusalem and a Senior Lecturer at the Hebrew University and Hadassah Medical School. He specialized in echocardiography at Stanford University Medical School. Presently, he is a Consultant cardiologist and the Clinical Lead in Echocardiography at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital and has published numerous papers in leading scientific journals, and is the author of Emergency Echocardiography.
- PrizesCommended for BMA Medical Book Competition: Popular Medicine Category 2011.
- Author(s)Adrian Chenzbraun
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/08/2010
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleThe Facts
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note23 2-colour line drawings and 9 black and white halftones
- Weight172 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.