All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe past twenty years have seen major advances in open-heart surgery. What was once considered a death sentence is w often curable. This is especially true with valve-repair and replacement surgeries. As caregiver for a heart patient, you face unique challenges. You must be friend, confidant, patient advocate, spiritual advisor, and nurse to your patient, all the while trying to keep your own life together. Heartfelt chronicles sixteen years of the author's life with her husband Blake as they struggle through his first major arrhythmia, to mitral-valve repair surgery, and onto recovery. Through Webster's personal insights and common-sense advice, you'll learn how to: Take Care of Your Patient: Find the right medical team, Research hospitals, Track down affordable health insurance, Establish an exercise program, Provide nursing care, Weigh medical options, Manage medications, Cook heart-healthy cuisine and handle dietary restrictions, Provide emotional support, Oversee recovery after surgery. Take Care of Yourself: Keep a journal, Enlist help, Handle stress, Exercise, Deal with depression, Maintain routines, Make time for yourself, Seek creative outlets, Eat healthy, Find a spiritual path.
- Author BiographyElaine Webster is a freelance writer, published author, and staff writer for the online publication, Greener Living Today. As a journalist, Elaine specializes in green-product, book and movie reviews. Her previous book, Jesse's Tale-Overcoming Fear Aggression and Separation Anxiety in an Adopted Greyhound, chronicles her experiences with her spirited greyhound Jesse.
- Author(s)Elaine Webster
- Date of Publication22/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.