All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery year, thousands of wild animals are injured or orphaned in Canada, while the habitat and very existence of others is threatened by human activity. Roxanne Willems Spek tells the inspiring stories of some of these amazing creatures and the dedicated and compassionate people who care for them. Wildlife rescue centres help many of our urban animal neighbours, from the tiniest baby songbirds to skunks, raccoons, opossums and rabbits. Other concerned volunteers work on the edge of the wilderness. In the Alberta foothills, a few passionate advocates fight to protect dwindling bands of wild horses. Residents of Churchill, Manitoba, watch over the magnificent beluga whales and polar bears of the region. A wildlife centre in Golden, BC, strives to educate people about the vital environmental importance of the wolf. These heartwarming tales of rescue, rehabilitation and conservation are sure to delight all animal lovers.
- Author BiographyRoxanne Willems Snopek has been writing professionally for two decades and is the author of 8 books and more than 150 articles. Her non-fiction has appeared in a wide variety of publications, from the Vancouver Sun and Reader's Digest to newsletters for Duke, Cornell and Tufts universities. She lives in Abbotsford, BC, surrounded by family and a variety of dogs, cats, birds and fish.
- Author(s)Roxanne Willems Snopek
- PublisherHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationBritish Columbia
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight300 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.