All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a practical study of modern heat pipe engineering, discussing how it can be optimized for use on a wider scale. An introduction to operational and design principles, this book offers a review of heat and mass transfer theory relevant to performance, leading into and exploration of the use of heat pipes, particularly in high-heat flux applications and in situations in which there is any combination of n-uniform heat loading, limited airflow over the heat generating components, and space or weight constraints. Key implementation challenges are tackled, including load-balancing, materials characteristics, operating temperature ranges, thermal resistance, and operating orientation. With its presentation of mathematical models to calculate heat transfer limitations and temperature gradient of both high- and low-temperature heat pipes, the book compares calculated results with the available experimental data. It also includes a series of computer programs developed by the author to support presented data, aid design, and predict performance.
- Author BiographyDr. Bahman Zohuri is founder of Galaxy Advanced Engineering, Inc., a consulting company that he formed upon leaving the semiconductor and defense industries after many years as a Senior Process Engineer for corporations including Westinghouse and Intel, and then as Senior Chief Scientist at Lockheed Missile and Aerospace Corporation. During his time with Westinghouse Electric Corporation, he performed thermal hydraulic analysis and natural circulation for Inherent Shutdown Heat Removal System (ISHRS) in the core of a Liquid Metal Fast Breeder Reactor (LMFBR). While at Lockheed, he was responsible for the study of vulnerability, survivability and component radiation and laser hardening for Defense Support Program (DSP), Boost Surveillance and Tracking Satellites (BSTS) and Space Surveillance and Tracking Satellites (SSTS). He also performed analysis of characteristics of laser beam and nuclear radiation interaction with materials, Transient Radiation Effects in Electronics (TREE), Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP), System Generated Electromagnetic Pulse (SGEMP), Single-Event Upset (SEU), Blast and, Thermo-mechanical, hardness assurance, maintenance, and device technology. His consultancy clients have included Sandia National Laboratories, and he holds patents in areas such as the design of diffusion furnaces, and Laser Activated Radioactive Decay. He is the author of several books on heat transfer and directed energy weapons technologies.
- Author(s)Bahman Zohuri
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication29/04/2016
- LanguageEnglish & English
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note208 black & white illustrations, 101 colour illustrations, 32 black & white tables, 90 colour tables, biography
- Weight973 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.