All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNafluids are gaining the attention of scientists and researchers around the world. This new category of heat transfer medium improves the thermal conductivity of fluid by suspending small solid particles within it and offers the possibility of increased heat transfer in a variety of applications. Bringing together expert contributions from across the globe, Heat Transfer Enhancement with Nafluids presents a complete understanding of the application of nafluids in a range of fields and explains the main techniques used in the analysis of nafuids flow and heat transfer. Providing a rigorous framework to help readers develop devices employing nafluids, the book addresses basic topics that include the analysis and measurements of thermophysical properties, convection, and heat exchanger performance. It explores the issues of convective instabilities, nafluids in porous media, and entropy generation in nafluids. The book also contains the latest advancements, invations, methodologies, and research on the subject. Presented in 16 chapters, the text: * Discusses the possible mechanisms of thermal conduction enhancement * Reviews the results of a theoretical analysis determining the amalous enhancement of heat transfer in nafluid flow * Assesses different approaches modeling the thermal conductivity enhancement of nafluids * Focuses on experimental methodologies used to determine the thermophysical properties of nafluids * Analyzes forced convection heat transfer in nafluids in both laminar and turbulent convection * Highlights the application of nafluids in heat exchangers and microchannels * Discusses the utilization of nafluids in porous media * Introduces the boiling of nafluids * Treats pool and flow boiling by analyzing the effect of naparticles on these complex phemena * Indicates future research directions to further develop this area of kwledge, and more Intended as a reference for researchers and engineers working in the field, Heat Transfer Enhancement with Nafluids presents advanced topics that detail the strengths, weaknesses, and potential future developments in nafluids heat transfer.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication08/04/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note110 black & white illustrations, 5 colour illustrations, 21 black & white tables
- Weight816 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byKambiz Vafai,Oronzio Manca,Sergio Nardini,Vincenzo Bianco
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.