All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHeat Wake the phrase could designate the heat of the just-deceased animal, the warmed seat, the legacy of the anthropocene, the Fata Morgana that swirls and ripples sightlines. Heat Wake the book swirls with tactility, biology, evolution, and desire: hands reach, grab, feel, and are held as the poems percolate with quick sonic link and variation. The poems unfold amid the presence of stubborn rocks, ocean, suburban New Jersey, all approached at a queer angle. Time itself fluctuates within the poems and is central to their unfolding through the limited time of humans versus time cinematic, evolutionary, geological, and cosmic. Propelled by rollicking, playful language and quick-as-a-strobe-light metaphor, the reader travels through desire and its vicissitudes, through yearning and touch and the shaping of the future, from two boys stumbling toward each other in the darkness of a college dormitory to a bed in the depths of the sea, from the taciturn Arizona desert to giant sloths on Mars.
- Author BiographyJASON ZUZGA was born in Camden, New Jersey, and grew up in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. His work has appeared in numerous journals including Paris Review, Tin House, and the Yale Review. He is currently pursuing a PhD in the English Department at the University of Pennsylvania, working on a dissertation about nature documentary and media.
- Author(s)Jason Zuzga
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaturnalia Books
- Weight91 g
- Width140 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.