All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the time he first appeared in a school production of Peter Pan, aged just 10, Heath Ledger knew that he wanted to be an actor. His journey from his home in Perth, Western Australia, to international stardom in Hollywood was tragically brief, yet eventful. Ledger lived his entire adult life as a sought-after celebrity in the full and unrelenting glare of the media spotlight.The book follows Ledger's rise to fame from his early beginnings as a teenager on Australian TV, detailing his many high-profile romances along the way. His first taste of international box office success came during his teen idol' phase with movies like A Knight's Tale , but he was also to achieve critical acclaim with Oscar-minated performances such as his portrayal of a gay ranch hand in Brokeback Mountain . Ledger's role in The Dark Knight is predicted to make The Joker one of the darkest anti-heroes of the movie world.
- Author BiographyCHRIS ROBERTS has written about film and music for a wide range of international publications and websites including Elvis, Uncut, The Guardian, London Lite and Channel 4.com. As a broadcaster he appears on BBC, Sky News and others. His previous books include Scarlett Johansson, Lou Reed, Abba and Idle Worship.
- Author(s)Chris Roberts
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication21/06/2008
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Content Note115 colour/bw photographs
- Weight476 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.