Heather McClintock: The Innocent: Casualties of the Civil War in Northern Uganda by Heather McClintock (Hardback, 2010)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Incent is a collaboration of trust and discovery from the vantage point of the children living in the war-torn region of rthern Uganda who are resilient eugh to show their courage, strength of will, and hope within the human spirit amidst conflict. The Acholi and Luo tribes have been caught in the middle of a complex and barbaric civil war for twenty-two years, in which countless numbers have been brutalized, and abducted mirs comprised almost 90 per cent of the rebel soldiers. It is estimated that as many as 66,000 children have been abducted by the Lords Resistance Army, wrenched from their families and forced to become soldiers and sex slaves.
- Author BiographyRaised on a dairy farm in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, Heather McClintock received her B.A. in photography from New England College in New Hampshire and England, and then relocated to New York City to pursue her personal journey through prestigious commercial studios. Her Uganda work has garnerd several awards and recognition, including most recently being selected for th prestigious Eddie Adam's Barnstorm Workshop, awarded an artist's sponsorship by Blue Earth Alliance (Seattle, WA) and receiving the 2006 Center for Photographic Art Artist Project Award. Her work has been exhibited internationally and is included in the collection of the Santa Barbara Museum of Art and several private collections.
- Author(s)Heather McClintock
- PublisherSchilt Publishing b.v.
- Date of Publication15/03/2010
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- First Published2010
- ImprintSchilt Publishing b.v.
- Out-of-print date24/07/2012
- Content Note55 colour illustrations
- Weight660 g
- Width204 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.