All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWithout question, our world is filled with misery and pain. We somehow kw and feel that something is terribly wrong with it. We have an idea of the kind of world we believe we should have. But we seem to believe that the world we live in falls short of this ideal world. The fact that we experience snippets of happiness and, sometimes, pleasure makes us wonder why the world we live in cant be filled with happiness through and through. Hence we feel that something is missing. The contention of this book is fairly straightforward, though perhaps t simple, and it is this: there is thing good here on earth for which heaven does t have a better substitute of infinite proportions. Whether we desire greatness, beauty, holiness, healing, or answers to questions of ultimate concern, heaven will fulfill them completely. The aim is t only to help the believer to look forward to a glorious end of this life and a glorious beginning of a new one, but also to enable him or her to live a meaningful life here on earth in spite of the reality of pain. If this conclusion can help a suffering saint to bravely face his or her hour of trial, then this book will have accomplished its purpose.
- Author BiographyJoseph B. Onyango Okello is a visiting professor of philosophy of religion at Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, Kentucky. He is also the pastor of Duncan Chapel, Jimtown United Methodist Church in Lexington, Kentucky. He is the author of Revisiting God: A Commonsense Approach to Theism and The Case for Miracles: A Defense of God's Action in the World. He completed two degrees at the University of Kentucky: a master of arts and a PhD, both of them in philosophy. Joseph is also a graduate of Asbury Theological Seminary, where he earned two degrees: a master of divinity and a Master of Arts in Church Music. Joseph and his wife, Sophie, live in Nicholasville, Kentucky.
- Author(s)Joseph B. Onyango Okello
- PublisherWestbow Press
- Date of Publication08/07/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville, TN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestbow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight176 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.