Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
About this product
- DescriptionThis vel documents the idealistic passage of a young couple from WWII-era Brooklyn into a bleak terrain in upstate New York, where they establish a family farm. Within a span of twenty years, they raise five boys and watch them leave their dreams behind, one by one. As alcohol and disillusionment begin to cast their long shadows over the succeeding generation, each of the family's sons develops a suite of defensive behaviors; until, at last, the youngest son, Zeekie, finds redemption in becoming the family's storyteller.
- Author BiographyJabez L. Van Cleef takes foundational texts from many oral traditions and religions and creates a common poetic format to preserve, promote and disseminate the values of these cultures. His work also promotes the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other frameworks intended to foster full realization of human potential. See more at www.sustainyourspirit.com.
- Author(s)Jabez L Van Cleef
- Date of Publication19/05/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.