All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAsk yourself what's the most important thing in your life? Your answer should be my life because from your perspective, without life, thing else much matters. In fact, when drafting the US Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson listed the word life first in the well kwn description of unalienable rights: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Each year, instead of spending our dollars on things that we kw will keep us healthy such as nutritious foods, exercise, and time off from work, we spend more of our dollars to fund health care conglomerates (private and government) so that they can control the best way to spend and ration these dollars for us (right down to a $65 medical office visit). In effect, by participating in the status quo, we've given away our unalienable right (to stay healthy) to self-interested third party payers. Look at the healthiest person you kw - is this person healthy because he carries the most expensive health insurance plan or participates in a large, government guaranteed health care system? This book uncovers the flaws of the health care debate and shows the reader how to work within our current medical system to regain control over their individual health and well being.
- Author BiographyAs a practicing ophthalmologist and LASIK surgeon for over 20 years, Dr. Beyer has helped patients achieve better health while witnessing government and special interests work directly against it. In 1988, Dr. Beyer was a member of the team that performed the first excimer laser photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) procedure in the world and one of the first to perform experimental LASIK surgery in 1989. Later in 1990, Dr. Beyer became a principal investigator for the excimer laser phase III US clinical trials. Soon afterwards, he became the CEO of MedNet International, a company that trained, financed and established modern eye centers throughout China. Dr. Beyer's current practice operates within a state of the art facility in Boulder, Colorado where he performs general ophthalmology and iLASIK -- the latest refinement of the procedure he helped pioneer more than two decades ago.
- Author(s)Craig F Beyer,Dr Craig F Beyer
- Date of Publication11/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.