All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on more than three hundred Hebrew roots, the author shows that Jewish thought employs Hebrew concepts and categories that are altogether distinct from those that characterize the Western speculative tradition. Among the key categories that shape Jewish thought are holiness, divinity, humanity, prayer, responsibility, exile, dwelling, gratitude, and language itself. While the Hebrew language is central to the investigation, the reader need t have a kwledge of Hebrew in order to follow it. Essential reading for students and scholars of Judaism, this book will also be of value to anyone interested in the categories of thinking that form humanity's ultimate concerns.
- Author BiographyDavid Patterson holds the Bornblum Chair in Judaic Studies at the University of Memphis. He has written numerous books on Jewish thought, Holocaust studies, and other topics. He received the Koret Jewish Book Award for his study of Holocaust diaries Along the Edge of Annihilation (1999).
- Author(s)David Patterson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/01/2005
- Series TitleRoutledge Jewish Studies Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.