All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHebrews: A Guidesheds light on an important, but often overlooked, New Testament book. In this highly accessible introductory guide, Lincoln aims to provide a broad appreciation of the setting, background, argument, and overall thought of Hebrews. Lincoln argues that the controversy surrounding Hebrews, and the question of whether or t one should consider it an apostolical text, has resulted in its being the object of relative neglect in biblical scholarship. He maintains that if the reader puts the issue of authorship to one side, they will find that its writer is t only the most elegant stylist among the New Testament writers but also a first-class theologian and pastor in his own right, whose message continues to speak effectively to Christians today.
- Author BiographyAndrew Lincoln is Portland Professor of New Testament at the University of Gloucestershire.
- Author(s)Andrew T. Lincoln
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/04/2006
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleT&T Clark Study Guides S.
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight174 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.