All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArriving home after an extended honeymoon Hedda Gabler struggles with an existence that is, for her, devoid of excitement and enchantment. Filled with a passion for life that cant be confined by her marriage of 'perfect home', Hedda strives to find a way to fulfil her desires by manipulating those around her...Richard Eyre will direct his own version Ibsen's play at the Almeida, opening in March 2005. Playing Hedda is Eve Best, who shot to attention in her first role in 'Tis Pity She's a Whore with Jude Law. She won the Critics Circle Best Actress Award for Mourning Becomes Electra at the National Theatre, where she was also a stand-out in Tom Stoppard's The Coast of Utopia and as Masha in Nicholas Wright's version of Three Sisters.
- Author BiographyHenrik Ibsen (1828-1906) is the author of A Doll's House, Ghosts, Brand and Peer Gynt among many others. Richard Eyre (1943-) was director of the National Theatre from 1988-97. His more recent work includes directing Vincent in Brixton in London and New York, directing the film Stage Beauty, and publishing National Service, his NT diaries.
- Author(s)Henrik Ibsen
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication11/03/2005
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight124 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.