Hedge Fund Risk Fundamentals: Solving the Risk Management and Transparency Challenge by Richard Horwitz (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.84Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $57.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the constantly evolving hedge fund marketplace, thing is more central--but in many ways, more amorphous and elusive--than risk. Yet there remains standard for analyzing and measuring risk within this highly secretive, largely unregulated field, leaving the thousands of hedge funds--and the tens of thousands of hedge fund investors--in dangerously dim light. The industry has t solved the transparency challenge--communicating risk to investors without disclosing proprietary information. Hedge Fund Risk Fundamentals is the first book to bring these issues to the forefront. With clarity, concision, and minimal math, Richard Horwitz lays out the key components and the cutting-edge processes in the field of hedge fund risk management today. Against that backdrop, he presents a groundbreaking utility destined to set the standard for transparency and risk management within the hedge fund universe. You'll learn why, when it comes to risk management, 1 + 1 = 1.41. For all of those perplexed by the difficulties of assessing risk in hedge fund investing, Horwitz's concepts make for an invaluable road map and a demystifying resource that hedge funds and investors at all levels will find indispensable.
- Author BiographyRichard Horwitz is managing director of manager assessment and risk management of Merrill Lynch's Hedge Fund Development and Management Group (HFDMG). He has implemented Risk Fundamentals, a proprietary risk transparency and management system. The system is risk factor based, permitting underlying funds to provide structural risk transparency without requiring position disclosure and for this transparency to be used to provide a fundamental understanding of each underlying fund and to construct risk-efficient portfolios of funds. Previously, Horwitz was senior vice president and director of risk management and investment analytics at Kenmar Global Investment Management Inc., a $2 billion fund of funds. He gained his fundamental knowledge of hedge funds as a principal at Capital Market Risk Advisors, Inc., the boutique risk management consulting firm. Horwitz had previously been a buy-side senior equity analyst at Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. and a consultant in financial services at Booz Allen Hamilton Inc. He earned an MS in management (Sloan School) and a BS in electrical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Horwitz has also written numerous articles on hedge funds.
- Author(s)Richard Horwitz
- PublisherBloomberg Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleBloomberg Financial
- Place of PublicationPrinceton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomberg Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight552 g
- Width192 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Foreword byRamon Koss
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $15.69Trending at AU $23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.