All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn most commentaries on Hegel's Phemelogy, the emphasis has been on presenting the totality as a chain of phemelogical developments leading up inexorably to the final chapter on absolute kwledge. In other words, the mission of the commentator has been to make sure that the reader does t miss the forest for the trees, as the saying goes-getting so wrapped up in individual moments that he or she misses the all-important dialectical movement of the work. The present work is a reflection on some of the trees that are of interest in their own right, and keys to the ongoing appreciation of this classical work-for example, why language (die Sprache) performs an indispensable function in Hegel's concept of phemelogical development; how the groundbreaking theme of intersubjectivity emerges in this work; why character-types like Hegel's Unhappy Consciousness and Knight of Virtue have a contemporary relevance; what influence the Phemelogy had on Kierkegaard; why what appear to be mere summaries and recapitulations in the Phemelogy are much more than that; why the literary aspects of this philosophical work should t be overlooked; and why Hegel's absolute kwledge is t absolute in any of the usual senses of the word.
- Author BiographyHoward P. Kainz is professor of philosophy at Marquette University.
- Author(s)Howard P. Kainz
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication18/04/2008
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width158 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.