All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHegemony: A Realist Analysis is a new and original approach to this important concept. It presents a theoretical history of the use of hegemony in a range of work starting with a discussion of Gramsci and Russian Marxism and going on to look at more recent applications. It examines the current debates and discusses the new direction to Marx made by Jacques Derrida, before outlining a critical realist/Marxist alternative. This book employs critical realist philosophy in an explanatory way to help clarify the concept of hegemony and its relation to societal processes. This work contributes to recent debates in social science and political philosophy, developing both the concept of hegemony itself, and the work of critical realism.
- Author BiographyJonathan Joseph teaches social science and philosophy at Goldsmiths College, London, and at The Open University. He has written articles on Marxism, critical realism, hegemony and deconstruction and is on the editorial board of Capital & Class.
- Author(s)Jonathan Joseph
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/05/2002
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Critical Realism Routledge Critical Realism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.