All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased in a holistic exposition and appraisal of Gramsci's writings that are of relevance to education in neoliberal times, this book--rather than simply applying Gramsci's theories to issues in education--argues that education constitutes the leitmotif of his entire oeuvre and lies at the heart of his conceptualization of the ancient Greek term hegemony that was used by other political theorists before him. Starting from this understanding, the book goes on to compare Gramsci's theories with those of later thinkers in the development of a critical pedagogy that can confront neoliberalism in all its forms.
- Author BiographyPeter Mayo is a Professor in the Education Department at the University of Malta. Most recent books include: Learning with Adults: A Critical Pedagogical Introduction (recipient of the 2013 Cyril O. Houle award), Politics of Indignation, Echoes form Freire for a Critically Engaged Pedagogy, Lorenzo Milani, the School of Barbiana and the Struggle for Social Justice.
- Author(s)Peter Mayo
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Education, Neoliberalism, and Marxism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.