Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionMartin Heidegger is one of the twentieth century's most influential, controversial and challenging philosophers. His Being and Time is a landmark text in modern philosophy, required reading for anyone studying Continental thought. However, the concepts encountered in Heidegger are intricate and frequently confusing, while the language through which they are articulated is deliberately dense and obscure. Heidegger: A Guide for the Perplexed is a thorough, cogent and reliable account of Heidegger's philosophy, ideal for the student who needs to reach a sound understanding of this complex and important thinker. The book covers Heidegger's oeuvre in its entirety, offering t only exposition of Being and Time , but also his later work.His perspectives on, and contributions to, both ontology and phemelogy are explored in full, as is the concept of Dasein, Heidegger's term for the human way of existence. Geared toward the specific requirements of students who need to reach a sound understanding of Heidegger's philosophy, this is the ideal companion to the study of this most influential and challenging of twentieth century philosophers. Continuum's Guides for the Perplexed are clear, concise and accessible introductions to thinkers, writers and subjects that students and readers can find especially challenging - or indeed downright bewildering. Concentrating specifically on what it is that makes the subject difficult to grasp, these books explain and explore key themes and ideas, guiding the reader towards a thorough understanding of demanding material.
- Author BiographyDavid R Cerbone is Associate Professor of Philosophy at West Virginia University. He is the author of Understanding Phenomenology, as well as numerous articles on Heidegger, Wittgenstein, and the analytic and Continental traditions in twentieth century philosophy.
- Author(s)David R. Cerbone
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/06/2008
- Series TitleGuides for the Perplexed
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2008
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight336 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.