Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionSome of the fundamental questions of our time are ecological - urgent environmental problems demand newly conceived solutions for the betterment and preservation of life on this planet. In this newly revised and greatly expanded edition of Heidegger and the Earth, the contributors approach contemporary ecological issues through the medium of Heidegger's thought. Amid pressing concerns about wildlife and wilderness preservation, agricultural practices, and techlogical invation, contributors discuss how thinking with Heidegger in the twenty-first century yields creative ideas about the natural world that are unconstrained by traditional theoretical frameworks. The conflicting viewpoints in some of the essays will inspire further conversation and debate among readers and break apart established thought patterns. Unconventional and provocative, Heidegger and the Earth urges us to set aside what we think we kw in order to work through ecological problems and to discover new ways of living in the world.
- Author BiographyLadelle McWhorter holds the James Thomas Chair in the Department of Philosophy and is jointly appointed a professor in the Department of Women's, Gender, and Sexualities Studies at the University of Richmond. Gail Stenstad is a professor emerita in the Department of Philosophy at East Tennessee State University.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication17/06/2009
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleNew Studies in Phenomenology and Hermeneutics
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight560 g
- Width162 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byGail Stenstad,Ladelle McWhorter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.