All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHeidi Heckelbeck displays her witching skills in this second book of a new young chapter book series!Now readers between the ages of five and seven can read chapter books tailor-made for a younger level of reading comprehension. Heavily illustrated with large type, Little Simon's young chapter books let young readers feel like they are reading a grown-up format with subject, text, and illustrations geared specifically for their own age groups!Heidi Heckelbeck seems like any other eight-year-old, but she has a secret: She's a witch in disguise. Careful to keep her powers hidden (but excited to use them all the same), Heidi's learning to live like any other kid--who just happens to be witch. And with easy-to-read language and illustrations on almost every page, Heidi Heckelbeck chapter books are perfect for beginning readers.Thanks to meanie Melanie Maplethorpe, Heidi is cast as a scary tree in the school play, The Wizard of Oz. Heidi decides to get even with Melanie by casting a spell on her. The result of the spell? Melanie--who has the lead role as Dorothy--will forget her lines. As the day of the play nears, Heidi carefully collects all the ingredients she needs. But when she casts her spell, will Heidi's revenge be as sweet as she thinks?
- Author(s)Wanda Coven
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication03/01/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Priscilla Burris
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.