All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBe transported to the Swiss Alps with this classic story of a young girl who has the ability to soften the hardest of hearts. Originally published in 1881, Heidi tells the story of a five-year old orphaned girl whose aunt brings her to live with her grandfather in the Swiss Alps. The residents of the nearby town fear Heidi's grandfather because he lives in seclusion, but she gradually opens his heart with her youth and energy. When she turns eight, her aunt returns to take her away. Heidi makes the most of her situation, teaching timeless lessons to her grandfather and her friends, as well as to generations of readers. With illustrations by Jessie Wilcox Smith, this beautiful, vibrant clothbound hardcover is unabridged and makes a great addition to every child's library. The Knickerbocker Classics bring together the essential works of classic authors from around the world in stunning editions to be collected and enjoyed.
- Author BiographyJohanna Spyri (1827-1901) was a Swiss writer, best known for her novel Heidi. Spyri, however, wrote more than fifty stories over the course of her life, including several novels and many short stories. Many of her works are set in the Swiss Alps, where she was born and lived.
- Author(s)Johanna Spyri
- PublisherRace Point Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleKnickerbocker Classics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRace Point Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jessie Wilcox Smith
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $25.73Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.