All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe primary objective of this source edition is to provide readers with original documents, allowing them to form their own impression of the development, manufacture and operation of the Heinkel He 162. By linking this accumulated data with the historical situation of those times, we hope to have facilitated a more objective assessment of the Volksjager project. For the purposes of this book, around 200 file documents were selected from a multitude of material on the Heinkel He 162 and reproduced in their original state. Complementing them are some 140 photographs, 50 scale drawings, 30 colour plates and innumerable citations from contemporary documents, teleprints, orders, lectures, reviews and intelligence reports. To make orientation easy, documents and illustrations are arranged in chapters that follow the historic pass off: Project, devlopment of the Heinkel He 162, manufacturing of the Volksjaeger , in action within the Luftwaffe and allied war booty are the most important topics. For the first time the production and delivery numbers of the Heinkel He 162 have been broken down. Most of the original documents are t translated, but discussed in the text. A German-English glossary helps to understand the content of those original files. Rounding off the publication is a comprehensive annex giving details of propulsion units, camouflage schemes, armament, the cockpit, plus the various versions of the Heinkel He 162. An index of individals, place names and subjects and a list of sources and literature, both covering several pages, completes this supremely detailed retrospective of this famous German aircraft. About the Author The author, Peter Muller, was a Lieutenant Colonel in the Swiss Army and is w a military historian. For the past quarter of a century, he has researched armament from 1914-1945.
- Author BiographyThe author, Peter Muller, is a Swiss citizen born in 1960, whose command experience as a Lieutenant Colonel and Director in large companies neatly complements his qualifications as a military historian. For the past quarter of a century, he has made detailed investigations of armaments issues in the 1914 - 1945 period. Combined with extensive studies of archived records, that background has allowed Peter Muller to present the subject matter of this book from a more differentiated perspective than hitherto. The author challenges, links and complements key statements and opinions, thereby arriving at entirely new conclusions.
- Author(s)Peter Muller
- PublisherMuller History Facts
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAndelfingen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintMuller History Facts
- Content Note140 photographs, 50 scale drawings, 30 colour plates
- Weight1474 g
- Width200 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.