All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionEvincing the deep despair that accompanies bereavement, this autobiographical account follows the author s loss of her husband to cancer after a 25-year marriage. The process of learning who she is alone is captured in detail, describing her grief and shock amid regaining her own ambitions and creativity as a painter, filmmaker, writer, and mother. The narrative chronicles her return to the house that belonged to generations of her late husband s family, relating how she begins to create her own history and identity in Cornwall, the city her husband loved. Depicting the English countryside and sea as sources of solace, this story shows how one can face widowhood with humor and strength.
- Author BiographyJane Darke is a painter, a filmmaker, and a writer. She has produced several radio programs and films for the BBC.
- Author(s)Jane Darke
- PublisherSouvenir Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSouvenir Press Ltd
- Content Noteline drawings
- Weight336 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.