All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMike Migla's award-winning series Hellboy has been lauded as much by other artists as it has by award ceremonies and fans. Over the years, many of the best artists in the industry have asked if they could do a backup story, just to get a chance to play with the characters and worlds Migla has created. Some of the best writers and artists in comics team up to present stories of giant bats, demon children, jet packs, haunted circuses and rusted-out spaceships. Old-fashioned pulp fun featuring one of the greatest heroes of modern comics.
- Author BiographyMIKE MIGNOLA's fascination with ghosts and monsters began at an early age; reading Dracula at age twelve introduced him to Victorian literature and folklore, from which he has never recovered. Starting in 1982 as a bad inker for Marvel Comics, he swiftly evolved into a not-so-bad artist. By the late 1980s, he had begun to develop his own unique graphic style, with mainstream projects like Cosmic Odyssey and Batman: Gotham by Gaslight. In 1994, he published the first Hellboy series through Dark Horse. As of this writing there are thirteen Hellboy graphic novels (with more on the way), several spinoff titles ( B.P.R.D., Lobster Johnson, Abe Sapien, and Sir Edward Grey: Witchfinder ), prose books, animated films, and two live-action films starring Ron Perlman. Along the way he worked on Francis Ford Coppola's film Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992), was a production designer for Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001), and was the visual consultant to director Guillermo del Toro on Blade II (2002), Hellboy (2004), and Hellboy II: The Golden Arm y (2008). Mike's books have earned numerous awards and are published in a great many countries. Mike lives somewhere in Southern California with his wife, daughter, and cat. The author lives in Southern California.
- Author(s)Mike Mignola
- PublisherDark Horse Comics
- Date of Publication09/12/2014
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDark Horse Comics
- Content Note1
- Weight934 g
- Width176 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.