Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 22 Dec
- AU $53.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Curtiss Helldiver made its service debut on November 1943, flying from the deck of USS Bunker Hill. Hated by aircrews, it was still the most numerous Allied dive-bomber of World War II destroying more Japanese targets than any other dive-bomber. More aircraft were lost in deck landing accidents than to enemy action and combat crews grimly joked that its designation SB2C stood for Son of a Bitch, 2nd Class . This volume charts the history of the plane from its first days in action through to VJ-Day. Unit histories are included, plus appendices covering unit dispositions and locations.
- Author BiographyBarrett Tillman is the world's most prolific US naval aviation author, having published over two-dozen titles on the World War 2 period alone. He has written numerous books for Osprey in recent years, and he is currently working on several future projects too.
- Author(s)Barrett Tillman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/11/1997
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Air Combat S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.3
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Out-of-print date14/07/2007
- Content Note100 b&w and 30 colour illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width185 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.