All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis Hellenistic Greek reader is designed for students who have completed one or more years of Greek and wish to improve their reading ability and gain a better appreciation for the diversity of the language. The seventy passages in this reader reflect different styles, genres, provenances and purposes, and are arranged into eight parts according to their level of difficulty. Grammatical support and vocabulary lists accompany each passage, and a cumulative glossary offers further assistance with translation. Students are led to a deeper understanding of Hellenistic Greek, and a greater facility with the language. * Includes canical and n-canical Christian texts, Septuagint (prose and poetry), Jewish Pseudepigrapha, inscriptions, and Jewish and Hellenistic literary Greek * Includes a web component with more than thirty additional readings for classroom and independent use * Passages offer a glimpse into the everyday life of Hellenistic Greeks, with themes such as sexuality, slavery, magic, apocalypticism, and Hellenistic philosophy.
- Author BiographyB. H. McLean is Professor of New Testament Language and Literature at Knox College, University of Toronto. He is the author of Biblical Interpretation and Philosophical Hermeneutics (Cambridge University Press, 2012), New Testament Greek: An Introduction (Cambridge University Press, 2011), An Introduction to the Study of Greek Epigraphy of the Hellenistic and Roman Periods from Alexander the Great down to the Reign of Constantine (323 BCE-337 CE) (2002) and Greek and Latin Inscriptions in the Konya Archaeological Museum (2002). He has taught introductory New Testament Greek for more than twenty years in four institutions, using a variety of textbooks, and serves as the Greek examiner for biblical doctoral candidates at the Toronto School of Theology.
- Author(s)B. H. McLean
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/07/2014
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note16 b/w illus. 1 map
- Weight1310 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.