All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an autobiographical study, delving into the world of broadcasting and the many egos that fuel its engine room. Les Thompson tells of his personal journey from the perspective of a working class child of once wealthy parents who lost everything in the Great Depression; a child with a strong determination to make his mark in mass media. The author chronicles the societal changes that he witnessed, as well as their effects on his own family, as he carved out a successful career in broadcasting and journalism. He also provides some handy how-to advice for young people entering broadcasting or journalism. This is a roller coaster ride through a ratings-driven industry; a career that can breed personal wealth, along with grave insecurity, satisfying accomplishments, and the inflated egos of performers and managers alike.
- Author BiographyLes Thompson was born in Sydney, Australia in 1944. His broadcasting career in Australia and New Zealand spanned from 1965 to 2000. He hosted a national television program, programmed four commercial radio stations, managed four radio news services and has been awarded ten Australian and American awards (New York) for journalistic excellence.
- Author(s)Les Thompson
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication05/11/2009
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight770 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.