CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionHell's Battlefield is the first book that tells the whole story of the Australians against the Japanese in New Guinea during World War II, from invasion in 1942 to the brutal end game in 1945.
- Author BiographyA chemical research manager by profession, Phillip has had a lifetime interest in military history. Two years working in Papua New Guinea gave him the opportunity to travel to the battlefields there, particularly where his father had fought around Shaggy Ridge. This led to his first book, which was on that battle. This was followed by books on other long forgotten New Guinea battles at Wau and Salamaua. He also writes for After the Battle and Wartime magazines. All Phillip's books are characterised by an intimate knowledge gained from his many trips to the battlefields, complemented by his research skills and by his many unique interviews with New Guinea battlefield veterans, over 300 and counting. Phillip now writes full time and also does work for Kokoda Treks and Tours. Hell's Battlefield is his fifth book.
- Author(s)Phillip Bradley
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Out-of-print date23/12/2014
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight969 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.