Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.29
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.96
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $36.98
- AU $18.33Trending at AU $19.84
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $19.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.58
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $37.23
About this product
- DescriptionWealthy Florida matron Abigail Bates is on a cae trip down a backwater river when suddenly, from out of where, she is held underwater to drown by a strange and merciless killer...Thorn is aboard a houseboat in Hell's Bay when he is confronted by Abigail's son and alluring granddaughter. Thorn soon learns that they are his long-lost relatives-and that he is about to inherit a great fortune. He's also about to find out that being a member of the Bates family comes with a price...As he searches for clues about Abigail's murder, Thorn's houseboat becomes a precarious island of safety as he and the others find themselves hunted by an invisible enemy. For someone out there kws much more about the Bates family's dark past than Thorn does. Someone who has lived a lifetime in their shadow-and has seen the damage their wealth and influence has caused. Someone who is determined to exact revenge on the family... matter what the cost.
- Author BiographyJames W. Hall is the author of four books of poetry, a collection of short stories, a collection of essays, and fifteen novels, including Under Cover of Daylight, Tropical Freeze, Bones of Coral, Hard Aground, Mean High Tide, Gone Wild, Buzz Cut, and Red Sky at Night. His books have been translated into a dozen languages, including Japanese, Swedish, French, German, and Russian. Several of his novels have been optioned for film, and James has written screenplays for two of those projects. His novels have been Book-of-the-Month and Literary Guild selections, and he won an Edgar Award for Best Short Story in 2005. He was a Fulbright professor of literature in Spain and is currently a professor of literature and writing at Florida International University. He and his wife Evelyn divide their time between South Florida and the mountains of western North Carolina. Ed Sala, an actor and a writer, has appeared at Carnegie Hall and both on and off Broadway. His plays have been performed in regional theaters across the country. He has won numerous AudioFile Earphones Awards for his audiobook narrations, including one for Finn by Jon Clinch, and Best Books for Young Adults Awards from the American Library Association. His performance of White Doves at Morning by James Lee Burke was selected by AudioFile as one of the fifteen best audiobooks of the year.
- Author(s)James W. Hall
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication26/02/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThorn Mysteries
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 10
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Ed Sala
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time690
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.