All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToddlers and preschoolers are unpredictable, and their antics often keep parents guessing: Why won't my five-year-old eat his veggies? Why does my two-year-old keep biting her sister? Why can't my three-year-old stay in his own bed? Why must I repeat myself every time I tell my daughter to do something? The naughty as well as challenging behaviours of young children can drive even the most patient parents to their wits' end. In these pages, parents learn how to cope with and correct many of the most common behavioural problems that little ones demonstrate: * Hitting, kicking, pinching and biting * Refusing to eat at mealtime * Having meltdowns in public places * Refusing to sleep at bedtime * Throwing tantrums for attention * Igring instructions * Fighting with siblings Each chapter examines a specific problem, from the mildly irritating to the downright maddening, and describes practical strategies to rein in, correct and prevent it. Also included are special chapters on how to use time-out correctly, potty train a toddler, and how moms and dads can create a more rewarding and enriching family life.
- Author BiographyTHOMAS M. REIMERS, Ph.D., is Director of Boys Town's Behavioral Health Clinic, which provides outpatient services and counseling to youth and families. The father of two daughters, Dr. Reimers has more than twenty years of experience as a clinician and researcher, and he has authored numerous articles on child and adolescent behaviour.
- Author(s)Thomas M. Reimers
- PublisherBoys Town Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationBoys Town
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoys Town Press
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables
- Weight450 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.