All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- Description'This book provides ideas and advice on seeking professional help for parents who are worried about a child or adolescent with behavioural and emotional problems.' - Children & Young People Now Help Your Child or Teen Get Back on Track offers specific self-help interventions and a wide-ranging, practical discussion of the types of professional help available for a child or adolescent with emotional and behavioral problems. The book covers topics that would be discussed during a consultation with a child psychiatrist. The first section offers practical guidance and ideas to help parents understand their child's problems and learn to distinguish between rmal disruption and that which warrants professional treatment. The second section of the book includes useful information for those parents who are considering, seeking, or already involved with professional help for their child. Essential reading for parents who are worried about a child or adolescent with emotional and behavioral problems, this book is also a useful resource for social workers, psychologists, school counselors, pediatricians, and adult psychiatrists.
- Author BiographyKenneth H. Talan, M.D. is board-certified in adult and child psychiatry; he completed his psychiatric training at Yale University. Dr. Talan has had long-term associations with child and adolescent clinics, a residential program, and public school systems in his area of Massachusetts. He has served for over 20 years as a psychiatric consultant to teachers, psychologists, counselors, and administrative staff working with troubled students. He has taught at the Smith School for Social Work and lectured on child-related topics to professionals and the public. Dr. Talan lives with his wife, Kitty; they have two adult daughters.
- Author(s)Kenneth H. Talan
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/05/2009
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.