All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTens of thousands of parents have turned to this compassionate guide for support and practical advice grounded in cutting-edge scientific kwledge. Top experts James Lock and Daniel Le Grange explain what you need to kw about eating disorders, which treatments work, and why it is absolutely essential to play an active role in your teen's recovery--even though parents have often been told to take a back seat. Learn how to monitor your teen's eating and exercise, manage mealtimes, end weight-related power struggles, and partner successfully with health care providers. When families work together to get the most out of treatment and prevent relapse, eating disorders can be beat. This book is your essential roadmap. Featuring the latest research, resources, and diagstic information, the second edition has been expanded to cover binge-eating disorder.
- Author BiographyJames Lock, MD, PhD, is Professor of Child Psychiatry and Pediatrics at Stanford University and Director of the Stanford Child and Adolescent Eating Disorders Program. Dr. Lock has received numerous awards for his research on eating disorders and has published several books for professionals in collaboration with Daniel Le Grange. He is committed to providing evidence-based treatments to children, adolescents, and their families. Daniel Le Grange, PhD, is Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience and Director of the Eating Disorders Program at the University of Chicago. An award-winning researcher, Dr. Le Grange was a member of the team at the Maudsley Hospital in London that developed family-based treatment for anorexia nervosa. Over his career, he has treated thousands of adolescents and families struggling with eating disorders.
- Author(s)Daniel Le Grange,James Lock
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.