CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.70
- AU $38.18Trending at AU $44.62
- AU $33.21Trending at AU $49.65
About this product
- DescriptionHelping Children with Low Self-esteem is a guidebook to help children who: don't like themselves or feel there is something fundamentally wrong with them; have been deeply shamed; have received too much criticism or haven't been encouraged eugh; let people treat them badly because they feel they don't deserve better; do t accept praise or appreciation because they feel they don't deserve it; feel defeated by life, fundamentally unimportant, unwanted or unlovable; bully because they think they are worthless or think they are worthless because they are bullied; and, feel they don't belong or do t seek friends because they think -one would want to be their friend. Ruby and the Rubbish Bin is a story for children with low self-esteem Ruby hates herself so much that she often feels more like a piece of rubbish than a little girl. Sometimes Ruby feels so miserable that she wants to sleep and sleep and never wake up again. Then Ruby meets Dot and, over time, Dot helps Ruby to move from self-hate to self-respect. After a very important dream, and help from Dot, Ruby finds her voice and her anger, and stands up to the bullies. She makes new friends and kws what it's like to feel happy for the first time in her life.
- Author BiographyDr Margot Sunderland is Director of Education and Training at The Centre for Child Mental Health London, Honorary Visiting Fellow at London Metropolitan University and Integrative Child Psychotherapist, Supervisor and Trainer with over two decades of experience in working with adults, teenagers and children. She is a First Prize award winning author, with 20 books in child mental health, published in nineteen countries.
- Author(s)Margot Sunderland,Nicky Hancock
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleHelping Children with Feelings
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpeechmark Publishing Ltd
- Weight524 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Contained items statementContains Spiral bound and Paperback
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.