All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung people with ADHD can struggle to develop the skills they need to adapt to new situations and establish greater independence. This fun and interactive workbook is aimed at actively engaging young people with ADHD and supporting them as they negotiate the pitfalls of growing-up, and the transition to secondary or high school. Each chapter focuses on a different key issue affecting children with ADHD around the time of school transition, such as organization, friendships and stress. If left unaddressed, these difficulties can contribute to low self-esteem, behavioural problems and poor academic achievement. Using tried-and-tested strategies and top tips, this fully-photocopiable workbook will help adults to work collaboratively with young people to learn, test strategies, set goals and develop comprehensive support plans around individual needs. Suitable for use with individual children or group work, Helping Kids and Teens with ADHD in School will guide teachers, therapists and support staff in helping young people with ADHD to overcome the challenges of early adolescence in order to improve school performance and personal relationships.
- Author BiographyJoanne Steer is a chartered clinical psychologist in The Family Advice and Support Service, Kingston-upon-Thames, UK. She has worked with young people with mental health difficulties for eight years, and has a special interest in working with children diagnosed with ADHD and their families. Kate Horstmann is an occupational therapist working in the Evolve Behaviour Support Team, Disability Services Queensland, Australia. She has over ten years' experience of working with children and adolescents with a range of difficulties including ADHD, autism and developmental disorders. She currently lives in Townsville, Australia.
- Author(s)Joanne Steer,Kate Horstmann
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrated with cartoons
- Weight489 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dr Jason Edwards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.