Helping Minds Meet: Skills for a Better Life with Your Dog by Peter Baumber, Daniel Mills, Helen Zulch (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDogs have shared our lives for thousands of years - to the benefit of both species. However, it's only relatively recently that dogs, in many societies, have lived primarily as companions within the heart of the home. This close relationship, together with society's expectations of dogs, can pose problems. All relationships have challenges, and where individuals of different species live closely together, these can be magnified, and misunderstandings occur. These can lead to fractures in the family/dog relationship, and, in some cases, result in dogs developing behaviours that are problematic for us. This unique book, written by professionals in the field, explains how and why many of these misunderstandings occur, and how we can work to resolve them. It aims to help us adjust the way we interact with our dogs, in order to help our dogs be well behaved, whilst at the same time enabling us to enjoy fulfilling relationships and a good quality of life with them. Especially commissioned images illustrate the text, and worksheets are provided to help owners focus on the areas where their dog and situation can benefit from applying the suggestions made.
- Author BiographyHelen Zulch, a veterinarian who qualified in South Africa, worked in a number of areas of veterinary science before focusing on animal behaviour. She has consulted and lectured in the field for over 10 years and holds European Specialist status, moving to the University of Lincoln, UK, to continue this career. Her main interests and areas of research include the prevention of behaviour problems through appropriate early life experiences, the application of scientific principles in animal training, the interaction between health and behaviour, communication in animals, and olfaction in dogs. She has owned and trained dogs all her adult life. Helen is currently programme leader of the MSc in Clinical Animal Behaviour at the University of Lincoln. Daniel Mills is an internationally recognised veterinary behaviour specialist and Professor in Veterinary Behavioural Medicine at the University of Lincoln, England. He initially worked in the animal charity sector, where he developed his interest in problem prevention, before moving into academia about 20 years ago. After completing his PhD, Daniel became the first person to be recognised by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons as a Specialist in Veterinary Behavioural Medicine and was subsequently recognised by the European College and Association for the Study of Animal Behaviour. His main areas of research focus around the biological basis of problem behaviour and the recognition of emotional states in animals, which has led to the development and promotion of a number of novel approaches to managing problem behaviour. Peter Baumber is a multi-skilled photographer with specific expertise and experience in the field of classic motorcycles, portraiture, dogs and cats. On commissioned projects he works closely with authors and editors to ensure that the images he creates best illustrate the subject matter.
- Author(s)Daniel Mills,Helen Zulch,Peter Baumber
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationDorchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHubble&Hattie an Imprint of Veloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width205 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.53
- AU $21.10Trending at AU $22.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.