All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoes Christianity have an answer for addiction? As longtime pastor Mike Quarles s alcoholism worsened over eight years, churches and Christians referred him to treatment, 12-Step programs, therapy thing worked. Steve McVey, also a pastor, repeatedly dished out the same advice Mike received, with similarly poor results Until, in their frustration, God led them back to basic, addiction-breaking truths of His Word. The authors explain these for readers who want to help someone or who struggle themselves, because freedom from addiction is found only when Christians
- fully believe what God says about their identity
- move beyond the 12-Step concept of inescapable addict identity
- stop harboring unforgiveness, get radically right with God, and dwell in who they are in Christ, which excludes engaging in addictive behaviors as a lifestyle
- Author BiographySteve McVey is the president of Grace Walk Ministries, a discipleship-training ministry based in the southeastern U.S. He has authored the bestselling Grace Walk (over 250,000 sold), The Grace Walk Devotional, Walking in the Will of God, and 52 Lies Heard in Church Every Sunday, and has also coauthored Helping Others Overcome Addictions. He and his wife reside in Georgia. Together with his wife, Julia, Mike Quarles directs Grace Walk Recovery Ministries. Out of his experience as a longtime pastor and apparently hopeless alcoholic, he now spends his life spreading the message that God has provided an answer to addiction in His Word of Truth, the Bible. Mike is coauthor of Helping Others Overcome Addictions. He also authored Freedom from Addiction and its companion resources together with Neil T. Anderson, founder of Freedom in Christ Ministries. Mike and Julia live in Georgia.
- Author(s)Mike Quarles,Steve McVey
- PublisherHarvest House Publishers,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationEugene, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvest House Publishers,U.S.
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.