All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionPolly Parrot loves being a pirate parrot, but sometimes life on board ship can be quite hard. She has perch, and every time she lands on a mast it seems a sail is unfurled and she's kcked off. The captain has his bed, the sailors have their hammocks, but poor Polly has where to sleep. One day, Polly is so tired that she goes to sleep when she's supposed to be on lookout. The ship nearly crashes on some rocks, but luckily Nell tices and stops the ship in time. Polly feels awful. But the crew realise that they haven't been very kind to Polly and buy her a new perch so that she can have somewhere to sleep The books in the 'Pirates to the Rescue' series are designed to help children to recognise the virtues of generosity, honesty, politeness and kindness. Reading these books with children will help them to understand that their actions and behaviour have a real effect on people around them. The books will help young readers to recognise what is right and wrong and what to do when faced with difficult choices. Notes for parents, guardians and teachers are included at the end of the story to help give starting points for discussion and follow-up activities to help encourage positive behaviour.
- Author BiographyTom Easton is an experienced writer of fiction for children of all ages.
- Author(s)Tom Easton
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitlePirates to the Rescue
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width194 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mike Gordon
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.