All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlacement tests are rapidly joining the ranks of high-stakes testing and college freshmen are required to take mathematics placement exams to determine their first mathematics course upon entering college. Unfortunately, these exams tend to place students in a lower-level or remedial course. As a result, additional expenses are incurred; degree programs are extended; and scholarships, awards, and external funding are less likely. Helping Student Prepare for College Mathematics Placement Tests: A Guide for Teachers and Parents includes two sample placement tests, a guide that shows what entry course a student will be assigned with a given score, and explanations on material that students might have forgotten or never quite understood. This guide is sure to help students excel!
- Author BiographyCarmen M. Latterell is associate professor of mathematics at the University of Minnesota-Duluth. She has taught mathematics at all levels since 1988. She is a frequent contributor to research journals on the subject of mathematics education, the author of Math Wars: A Guide for Parents and Teachers (Praeger, 2005), and the principal investigator on a large National Science Foundation grant to improve mathematics education.
- Author(s)Carmen M. Latterell
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication08/08/2007
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.