All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaving a child with extreme picky eating habits can be both frustrating and worrisome-especially if you are concerned your child isn't getting the nutrition they need to grow, stay healthy and strong, and thrive. And if your child has a feeding or selective eating disorder (SED), they may simply refuse to eat a number of foods altogether. To make matters worse, children with feeding disorders often experience anxiety, anger, and may be suspicious or untrusting of adults who pressure, trick, and even force them to eat. This book provides a clinically proven program called STEPS (Supportive Treatment of Eating in Preschoolers) that will help you get your child's feeding disorder or SED under control. In addition, you'll find a number of practical strategies you can use for dealing with food aversion, low appetite, sensory challenges, autism spectrum-related food disorders, super-tasters, oral motor delay, acid reflux, and food allergies. If your child has a feeding or selective eating disorder, you need powerful solutions you can use right w. This book will prove an invaluable guide to help restore peace to your dinner table.
- Author BiographyKatja Rowell, MD, is a graduate of the University of Michigan medical school and served as a family physician in urban, rural, and university student health settings. During her time in practice, she was struck by the prevalence of disordered eating and feeding, and related health problems. Rowell works with parents to provide personalized solutions and support for feeding and weight concerns, from selective eating to food preoccupation. She is the author of Love Me, Feed Me: The Adoptive Parent's Guide to Ending the Worry About Weight, Picky Eating, Power Struggles and More. Rowell teaches the importance of a healthy feeding relationship to health care providers, family therapists and childcare staff and consults with corporate clients, nutrition education and public health projects. She has appeared in the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Betty Crocker Blog, Parents Magazine, Brain Child Magazine, The Utne Reader, and Mommy MD Guides, among others. Find out more about Rowell at thefeedingdoctor.com. Jenny McGlothlin, MS, CCC/SLP, is a speech-language pathologist and faculty associate at the University of Texas, Dallas. She developed and supervises the STEPS feeding program (2005 present); is a clinical lecturer who is certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association; and specializes in pediatric motor speech disorders (apraxia, dysarthria), pediatric feeding/swallowing disorders (dysphagia), craniofacial disorders, supportive treatment of eating in preschoolers (STEPS), speech production research, and newborn/infant feeding.
- Author(s)Katja Rowell
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight326 g
- Width157 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.