Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionH.R. Stoneback kws his Hemingway and his Paris. I had the incomparable experience of visiting Paris twice while working for Ernest Hemingway in 1959. I viewed the city at the side of the writer while he added the finishing touches to A MOVEABLE FEAST. Professor Stoneback's evocation of Hemingway's Paris of the 1920s is as close as I have come since to reliving those Paris days in the company of Ernest Hemingway. Reading this book will be a treat for all who love Hemingway and Paris, and a pleasant surprise for all readers. - Valerie Hemingway, author of RUNNING WITH THE BULLS: MY YEARS WITH THE HEMINGWAYS Professor Stoneback's lyrical prose takes the reader inside the soul of Hemingway's Paris, penetrating the surface of guide-books to reveal tantalizing secrets. - A.E. Hotchner, playwright, velist, memoirist, Hemingway friend, and author of the classic PAPA HEMINGWAY H.R. Stoneback's intense reading of Hemingway's Paris-revealing Hemingway's nuanced rendering of the deus loci and his intentionally subtle infusion of numisity-is thing short of npareil. Stoneback's work undoes decades of weak and negative criticism of Hemingway. Read this classic piece-a benchmark in the creative essay-and you will see exactly how and why Hemingway's Paris became Stoneback's Paris and by extension your Paris. Stoneback's HEMINGWAY'S PARIS: OUR PARIS? shows, ever so illustratively and ever so doucement, how and why we read Hemingway. - Allen Josephs, past president of the Hemingway Foundation and Society, and author of RITUAL AND SACRIFICE IN THE CORRIDA No one has written better or more wisely about Ernest Hemingway's Paris than H.R. Stoneback. - Donald Junkins, author of JOURNEY TO THE CORRIDA and other books H.R. Stoneback's 9000-word prose-poem HEMINGWAY'S PARIS: OUR PARIS? constitutes a masterpiece of both appreciation and analysis by a scholar whose kwledge and love of Paris is as deep, profound and genuine as his kwledge and love of Hemingway.
- Author BiographyH.R. Stoneback is Distinguished Professor of English at the State University of New York, New Paltz. Stoneback has received numerous awards and honors for criticism, poetry and teaching. He has served as visiting professor at the University of Paris, Fulbright Professor at Peking University and director of the American Center for Students and Artists in Paris. A leading scholar of international reputation on Ernest Hemingway, Stoneback is also a widely published literary critic, poet and author or editor of more than 20 volumes of criticism and poetry. His recent books include READING HEMINGWAY'S THE SUN ALSO RISES (Kent State University Press, 2007) and HURRICANE HYMN AND OTHER POEMS (Codhill Press, 2009). He currently (2015) serves as President of the Hemingway Society and Foundation.
- Author(s)H R Stoneback
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight64 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $59.15
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $25.89
- AU $27.97Trending at AU $31.78
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.53
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.74
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $23.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.