CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionNestled in a valley and surrounded by stunning countryside, Henley-on-Thames is a small market town in the heart of Oxfordshire. Henley's population is very much connected to its past and has many long-established local families, but new arrivals have further added to its diversity. Thanks to Henley's proximity to the Thames, the town thrived through its trade links, conveying goods by barge. Henley also had a rich brewing legacy, with breweries such as Greys Brewery, Ives Brothers and W. H. Brakspear & Sons providing employment to the local populace. Henley-on-Thames' historic links are most evident through its large number of impressive listed buildings. The Chantry House, a fine, timber-framed structure that stands in a corner of St Mary's churchyard, is itemised in documentation from the 1460s. The Bell hostelry has been identified as the town's oldest structure. While much has changed in this riverside town, Henley-on-Thames Through Time celebrates both the old and new as the reader is taken on a journey through Henley's spectacular heritage.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Hazeldine is the founder and owner of Henley Heritage Walks, which provides history walks and lectures on Henley-on-Thames, with a customer base made up of schools, tourists and local history groups. She previously worked for the River and Rowing Museum, Henley. She lives in Henley-on-Thames.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Hazeldine
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.