All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhich plays are truly great, and why? Compiled in consultation with literary scholars, this fascinating reference profiles 100 of the greatest plays drawn from all cultures and periods of literature. The Drama 100 is sure to engage students and theatergoers in a spirited discussion of literary values. Each entry provides a plot summary and assessment, with an emphasis on details about the play's creation, critical reception, and contribution to literary and theatrical history. Additional features include a chrology, a list of horable mentions ( A Second Hundred ), and an index.. Among the works selected are: .Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot.Anton Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard.Caryl Churchill's Cloud Nine.Henrik Ibsen's A Doll's House.Lorraine Hansberry's A Raisin in the Sun.William Shakespeare's King Lear.Sophocles' Oedipus the King.August Wilson's Fences.Tang Xianzu's The Peony Pavilion.and many more.
- Author(s)Prof. Harold Bloom
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/06/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleBloom's Modern Critical Views
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Weight384 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.